Hon. Patrick Jason Faber
click HERE to download or
Use links below to expand items of click on arrow:
- NAME: PATRICK JASON FABER
- DATE OF BIRTH: MARCH 21, 1978
- MARITAL STATUS: DIVORCED
- CHILDREN: KRISCHNAN, PATRICK JR, AMANI FABER
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the youngest in the Cabinet of Prime Minister Dean Barrow, Faber is Belize’s Deputy Prime Minister and holds the portfolios of Education, Youth, Sports and Culture.
Faber received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics in 1998 from Valdosta State University in Valdosta, Georgia, as well as a Master’s in Educational Leadership from the University of North Florida.in 2003. He is currently working on a Doctor of Public Administration degree
from Valdosta State University.
Faber has been a member of the United Democratic Party of Belize since he worked as a street campaigner at the age of 14. He has since served as youth director, member of the party’s central executive, and candidate for municipal and general elections. He represents the Collet Division of Belize City and has won 4 Consecutive victories for his seat in the House of Representatives (2003, 2008, 2012, 2015).
In 2010, at the National Convention of the United Democratic Party, he was elected overwhelmingly to the role of Party Chairman. In 2013, he contested the first Deputy Leader post and lost. He subsequently challenged again and was successful on May 29, 2016. He was appointed Deputy Prime Minister in June of 2016.
Faber is Belize’s longest-serving Minister of Education and is known for implementing sweeping reforms in Belize Education System.
- GOVERNMENT OF BELIZE: 2008 –
- ANGLICAN CATHEDRAL COLLEGE (2004-2007) Vice Principal of Academic Affairs
- ANGLICAN CATHEDRAL COLLEGE (1998-2007) – Lecturer of Economics, Principles of Business, Caribbean History, Religious Studies, Information Technology
- PRESIDENT OF THE BELIZE NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION 1995 – 1996
- MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF THE BELIZE SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND 1996
- MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS OF THE ANGLICAN CATHEDRAL COLLEGE 1999-2003
- MEMBER OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE FOR THE ANGLICAN DIOCESE OF BELIZE 2002-2007
- MEMBER OF THE CREDIT COMMITTEE FOR ST. JOHN’S CREDIT UNION 1999-2002
- MEMBER OF THE ANGLICAN DIOCESAN EDUCATION BOARD 2002-2007
- TREASURER OF THE HISTORIC ST. JOHN’S NATIONAL CATHEDRAL PARISH 2000-2002
- CHAIRPERSON OF SELECTION COMMITTEE FOR PRINCIPALS OF ANGLICAN SCHOOLS 2004
- CHAIRMAN OF THE UNITED DEMOCRATIC PARTY 2010-2013
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- WORKING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE
- NEW INNOVATIONS IN TECHNOLOGY
- PUBLIC SPEAKING