Efficient and effective delivery of educational services
The Toledo District Education Center on behalf of the Min. Of Education will provide adequate support to educators and other stakeholders so as to positively affect academic, vocational and technological growth including moral and spiritual values in our children. The district center therefore functions as the vehicle in mobilizing our social partners to demonstrate high levels of professionalism which will foster positive attitudes, skills, values, interest as well acceptable behavioural standards.
- Serve as Teacher Resource Center.
- Conduct administration of routine services including:
- Gathering of information from schools to inform planning and resourcing needs;
- Managing a local text book supply at the District Education Center;
- Liaising with the Commission’s Secretariat regarding licensing of teachers;
- Liaising with the Chief Education Officer regarding the licensing of schools;
- Assisting with the implementation and monitoring of financial assistance or grants to students;
- Coordinating with the Managing Authorities the regular school supervision to support and monitor school improvement and development;
- Assisting with the administration of local and international examinations at the district level;
- Working with appropriate agencies as it relates to national emergencies, national disasters, or emergencies of any other type in respect of coordinating a response and informing about the need to use schools and to close schools as the situation may demand;
- Assisting with the organization and implementation of Continuous Professional Development workshops for teachers;
- Representing the Ministry on school boards and reporting on the proceedings and decisions of the boards to the Chief Education Officer;
- Maintaining oversight of effective communication between associations of principals and partners in education with respect to various educational programmes